Sunday, March 12, 2017

WELCOME TO MY JOURNEY

Hi this is Valentina Sanchez and I am beyond excited to present to you my AICE Media Studies Project. I would like to tell some things about myself:
-I'm 17 years old
-I love spending time with my friends just as much I love spending time by myself
- I enjoy reading, writing, drawing, singing and dancing
- I love shoes but I hate wearing them
- I speak 3 languages fluently but I still want to learn like 5 more
- If you see me, I'm probably listening to music
- I am a professional procrastinator
- I love bullet points... and irony.
- I realized this year that I have a big passion for audiovisual communications
I want you to get to know my personality through my blogs and know me as Valentina rather than the maker of the project.

Now that i introduced myself, I would like to talk about what you truly want to hear, my film opening. Unlike many students, I already know what I want to do. I always had 2 concrete ideas in my head:
1) A girl twho was introduced to the modeling world and how it changed her (negatively).
2) A girl who witnessed a violent divorce and, after moving to college, she has to come back to her house and starts to see memories of her parents fighting that torment her and affects her mental state.

GENRE: Drama

After thinking and thinking, I finally came to the conclusion that it was going to be easier to portray the first idea into 2 minutes.

How I want my opening to be:
-A girl in a bathroom trying desperately to open a bottle of pills (drugs) to kill herself. Someone knocks on the door
- The scene ends with a blackout and the title of the movie (I don't know yet)
-6 months before
-The same girl getting ready for her first audition as a model to show her innocence.
The idea is to compare and contrast the change that the girl suffered.

In my next posts i would like to discuss the modeling industry, and genre characteristics
See you then!




No comments:

Post a Comment