Sunday, March 12, 2017

DRAMA OR PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER?

I was thinking about the genre of my film and I started to doubt if it was a drama or a psychological thriller. I will do my research on both to make my own conclusions.

DRAMA
- Reflect human behavior and crisis in everyday life.
- Sub-genres: The tragedy, comedy, melodrama and tragicomedy. 
- Melodrama: Problem caused by external forces outside of the protagonist's control. Protagonist does not take responsibility for the action, nor does she feel guilty.The main character is often the victim of circumstance. Strict moral judgment 
With these characteristics I see how drama fits in my film. I want my film to have a strict moral judgement and the main character to be the victim of the situation. However, in my film my main character has control over the situation in an aspect. She has the power of stop modeling or set boundaries but still does not do it. Even though I know these are not all required characteristics of the genre, I still want to do further investigation. 

PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER 
- Complex storylines
- Suspenseful, emphasizing the psychology of its characters
- Realism and personality issues 
-Involves elements of drama. Use of dark isolated places
I think many of these characteristics fit my movie perfectly, specially because psychological thrillers involve elements of drama. 


 MOVIES THAT I WANT TO BE INSPIRED BY
Resultado de imagen para black swanResultado de imagen para cyberbully





Bibliography
Malysa, Sebastian. "Characteristics of Drama Genres." EHow. Leaf Group, 02 June 2011. Web. 12 Mar. 2017.
"What Makes a Film a Psychological Thriller" Psychology Today. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment