Sunday, March 26, 2017

DEVELOPING THE STORY (THANK YOU IN-CLASS-DISCUSSION!)

We discussed in class with other peers our ideas and I received some feedback. I realized that I need to incorporate more mise-en-scene elements since my film opening won't dialogue. Because my story has to do with the fashion industry, I think it's extremely important to discuss what my actress is going to wear and the makeup. This also requires some research.

Starting with the makeup, I decided that I wanted to go further than just face makeup. I want to accentuate the fact that in the first half of the film opening she already went through the whole transformation, which means she should be underweight in these scenes. I watched 2 videos hat teaches you how to body contour. These videos obviously won't teach you how to look extremely skinny, but I plan on exaggerating everything of the video so I get the look that I want.
Videos:

Also, for the first half of the film opening, because as I explained in the plot, she's coming from a runway when she tries to kill herself, so I want to give her a runway look. I want to use my glittery dress that I own, style it with a formal ponytail and a dramatic smokey eye. 


Resultado de imagen para ponytail hairstyles
Resultado de imagen para smokey eyes


What I want to accomplish with this is make the audience understand that an event occurred for her to be dressed like this that also made her be in this situation. I will "ruin"the look a little bit making it look as if she was crying with the use of the mascara and make the ponytail messy. 

For the second half of the video, I want pick an outfit that looks innocent, using pastel and white colors and natural makeup. When I did my research on the model industry I learned that models need to wear little to no makeup and white t-shirts and tight clothes to have a better and sincere look of the body, which is why I decided to style a t-shirt and jeans. I still want her to reflect a statement on the way she dresses so I will incorporate some accessories to make the outfit more suitable. 
Resultado de imagen para jeans outfitResultado de imagen para jeans outfit



No comments:

Post a Comment